Double Chocolate Babka
Units Sold: 0
Oneg Bakery ships its legendary Chocolate Babka nationwide on Goldbelly! “The Chocolate Monster,” is made with twice the amount of chocolate as Oneg’s regular babka. The New York Times calls it “spectacular chocolate babka” for good reason. This traditional Hungarian loaf of braided dough is layered over and over again with a homemade mix of Dutch-process cocoa and sugar that forms an insanely delicious chocolate filling. If sliced while hot, you’ll see the chocolate ooze out.
Oneg Bakery was founded in the 1980s by two sisters who came to Brooklyn in the mid-1940s as refugees of World War II. Now run by their grandchildren, the traditional Hungarian Jewish bakery in South Williamsburg, Brooklyn, is famous for Brooklyn’s biggest, baddest babka: the Double Chocolate Babka, the world’s densest babka. Challah!
- This Double Chocolate Babka has twice the amount of chocolate as the Light Chocolate Babka
- Choose between a half or full loaf
- A Half loaf serves 8-10 people (approximately 8″ long and weighs 3 lbs.)
- A Full loaf serves 16-20 people (approximately 16″ long and weighs 6 lbs.)
- CRC Kosher, no preservatives added